Several of our members get together on Thursday afternoons during the winter to tie flies. It’s a nice opportunity to share favorite patterns, learn new tricks and of course to build camaraderie. This year’s sessions will begin January 9th and be held on the second floor of the Tin Lizzy Restaurant in Youngstown, PA. Fly tying will begin around 1 pm. Those who are interested can join us for lunch first in the dining room at noon. Because of limited space, sign-ups will be handled on a first come, first serve basis. Please contact email@example.com to register.
A one-day beginner’s fly tying class for women will be offered on Saturday, March 23, 2019 at the Westmoreland Conservation District Barn in Greensburg.
This program is co-sponsored by FTTU and Miss May Fly. FTTU volunteers will be the instructors.
Here are the details.
• Location: Westmoreland Conservation District Barn – 218 Donohoe Road, Greensburg
• Date: Saturday, March 23, 2019
• Time: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
• Lunch: Provided by FTTU (pizza, chips, water)
• Participants: Up to 20 Women on a First Come First Served Basis
• Cost: FREE No Fees or Charges
• Equipment, Tools and Materials will be Provided by FTTU
• Registration is handled by Miss Mayfly through Social Media. Click Here to Register.
Spots are filling up fast, so get registered today!
FTTU’s annual meeting will be held Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at 6:00 pm at the Nimick Family Education Center – 6 Old Lincoln Highway West, Ligonier, PA.
Here we will set our line up of officers and directors, review the chapter’s finances and budget and projects for 2018-19.
After the business meeting, we will have a roundtable on steelhead fishing and a fly tying session. If you have a favorite or unique steelhead pattern, bring your materials and share it with us. Extra vises and tools will be available for those who would like to try fly tying.